These. Are. So. Amazing! Carrot fries. Who came up with this idea!? I have been searching Pinterest for some inspiration for new healthy side dishes, and the other night… I came across these.
If you love sweet potato fries, you are probably going to love these carrot fries. They are lightly “breaded” in an almond flour and parmesan mixture, and then roasted to perfection. They are crisp yet tender, with just the right amount of firmness. While they don’t necessarily taste like sweet potato fries, they have that same crunchy on the outside/soft on the inside quality, and they are a perfect, healthy finger food.
The bottom line being, you’re probably gonna want to make these as soon as you can. Just saying.
- 3-4 carrots (depending on size)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or coating it with olive oil.
- Wash, peel, and cut carrots.
- In a small bowl or Ziplock bag, combine almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk egg.
- Coat the fries by dipping them in the egg and then in the almond flour mixture.
- Place carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the coating is nice and crispy and the carrots are tender.
- Serve these with a tangy chili mayo sauce by mixing equal parts Greek yogurt and mayonnaise in a small bowl, seasoned with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt!